Yes, rabbits can eat grapes. Most rabbits adore grapes. But there are some considerations you need to take to keep your rabbit healthy.
Grapes should only be given in moderation if their stomach can handle it.
Grapes contain amounts of vitamins and fiber that are suitable for rabbits.
However, they also contain large amounts of sugar and water, which can cause obesity and digestive issues.
Do Rabbits Like Grapes?
Rabbits like grapes so much that they’ll eat them whenever they can.
Rabbits have a sweet tooth. Like humans, they respond to sugar and carbs in a positive way.
Health Benefits of Grapes for Rabbit
Grapes offer plenty of nutritional benefits to rabbits, which can help turn your fur baby into one healthy and happy bunny.
- Help with Constipation Grapes has high water content and some fiber, which might help get your pet’s digestion going again.
- Loaded with Antioxidants Grapes are chock-full of antioxidants, particularly the red varieties. Aside from preventing inflammation, antioxidants also boost the immune system. Abundant in compounds called polyphenols, grapes can help prevent cancer in rabbits
- Heart-friendly Resveratrol, the polyphenols that aid in cancer prevention, also gives your bun’s heart a boost. Its lipid-reducing action and anti-inflammatory properties can help lower the risks of cardiovascular diseases in rabbits.
- Maintain Good Eyesight The antioxidants found in the fruit, namely lutein, and zeaxanthin can enhance eye health.
Are Grapes Safe for Rabbits to Eat?
In general, grapes are safe in small quantities, but not more than 2-3 times a week, otherwise they are not safe due to their high sugar concentrations.
How Many Grapes Can a Rabbit Have?
The general rule of thumb is that you can feed them 2-3 times a week and no more than 2-3 grapes at a time. This is the safe limit.
- Baby rabbits – None
- Juvenile rabbits – None
- Adult rabbits – 2 or 3 small grapes or one large grape
Can Baby Rabbits Eat Grapes?
Baby Rabbits have sensitive digestions, more so when they’re very young. In general, avoid giving grapes to buns before they’re 7 months old.